Dacula High School Orientation 2023
Dacula High School Orientation Day
Friday, July 28, 2023
Orientation en Espanol………7:15 - 8:15 am
1st time 9th Graders……………...8:00 – 9:30 am
All other students………………...9:45 – 11:30 am
Dacula High School would like to invite you to Orientation Day on Friday, July 28, 2023. We are strongly encouraging parents to attend with their student(s) as this will be an amazing opportunity to meet your student’s teachers and prepare for a wonderful school year. Overall this will be a very informative day as a variety of useful information will be provided to help you experience a smooth beginning to the 2023-2024 school-year.
Prior to Orientation Day
In an effort to streamline the Orientation Day process and make the most of our time with you, we are asking that you please take time to complete the following procedures.
- Parent Portal is a tool for all parents to use in order to stay informed regarding student grades, attendance, tardies, and other important information. If you do not currently have access to Parent Portal please bring a photo ID with you to orientation and visit the Main Office in order to create an account.
- If you currently have access to Parent Portal we are asking that each parent/guardian verify all information the school currently has on file for his/her student(s) prior to the start of the school year. Please review phone numbers, emergency contacts, as well as all student information. In order to verify this information, click here.
- Log into MyPaymentsPlus to complete the online portion of the registration process.
- If you already have a MyPaymentsPlus account - simply log-in by entering your Email/Username and Password.
- If you do not have a MyPaymentsPlus account - select “Register Now”. Use your child’s student ID number to complete registration.
- You will then be allowed to pay fees and make contributions for various items such as supply contributions, clinic donations, school meals, class dues, etc. Simply select the fees/contributions for which you would like to pay and continue through the payment process.
Gwinnett County Public Schools is moving to a new communication device called Parent Square. Please sign up for your account.
If you have any questions regarding Parent Portal, MyPaymentsPlus, or Parent Square please stop by the Main Office.
On Orientation Day:
- Park in the faculty lot, football stadium lot, at Dacula Park, or at the DHS baseball field on Hebron Church Road just west of DHS. Shuttle buses will be available to transport parents and students from the DHS baseball lot to the school.
- Have your student pull up their StudentVue before entering the building to view their schedule of classes. Peer Leaders will be stationed throughout the building providing maps and helping to guide you.
- This day will combine traditional "Open House" with schedule pickup so please follow your student’s schedule. Each of your student’s teachers will present information about his or her class. These presentations will be repeated regularly.
- You may report to the cafeteria for help at any of the following tables:
- Cafeteria Information – Free & Reduced lunch, etc. (please note that you must reapply every year for Free or Reduced Lunch)
- Bus & Transportation Information - Route information, drop-off/pick-up, etc.
- Student parking
- Yearbook & Senior pictures
- School Store
- Community School
- Dacula Public Library
Your Dacula High School family looks very forward to seeing you on July 28th!
Must-Dos for a successful start to the school year
1. Sign up for Parent Portal- Info Below
2. Create a My Payments Plus Account
3. Download and create a Parent Vue Account to stay connected with all the information on your mobile device.
How will Orientation Work?
- Arrive at the scheduled time for your grade level.
- Using the Student Vue App or eCLASS, students will locate their schedule.
If you are unable to locate your schedule please visit the commons area and locate the schedule station.
- Upon arrival, you will see Peer Leaders located in the hallways with maps. They will help direct you to your first class.
- Have questions about bus routes, clinic, lunchroom? Visit the commons area to locate stations.
Need to know about parking? CLICK HERE