Academic Letter & Honor Graduate

  • Academic Letter Awards

    Academic letters are awarded in the fall of a student's 10th, 11th, and 12th grade year based on the previous year's academic work.   Students must have a 90.00 cumulative average (without rounding) each semester to qualify to be recognized the following school year.   The first year award is an academic letter, the second year award is an academic pin, and the third year award is an academic medal. For example, a sophomore could be recognized during the fall of their sophomore year based on their academic performance during their freshman year. 

    Honor Graduate

    Honor graduate status is determined at the end of the first semester of the senior year based on the student's cumulative GPA.  A student must have a cumulative 90.0 GPA (without rounding) to qualify as an honor graduate. A student needs a full year (two semesters) of core course grades at Parkview (if transferring from a non-accredited institution) in order to be considered for class rank, honor graduate status, or membership in any Parkview Honor societies.  Honor graduates are exempt from second semester final exams except in courses that require a state End of Course assessment.