Simpson GMAS Parent Letter
Third Grade Resources Guide
Fourth Grade Resources Guide
Experience Online Testing Georgia
Experience Georgia: Online Testing Training
Test Practice Directions:
1. Click on the white "Online Tools" words beneath the GREEN "End of Grade."
2. Click on the white words "EOG Test Practice" on the top left corner.
3. Click on Standard Online tools
4. Click on Grades 3-5
5. Sign in with the username and password they give you on the screen
6. Click the Continue button and work your way through the practice area.
Please view the Experience Online Testing site using Google Chrome as your browser. This application is not supported for use in Internet Explorer. This site is available daily from 7 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.
GMAS General Information
- The Georgia Milestones Assessment System is a comprehensive summative assessment program spanning grades 3 through high school.
- Georgia Milestones measures how well students have learned the knowledge and skills outlined in the state-adopted content standards in language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- Students in grades 3 through 8 will take an end-of-grade assessment in some, if not all of, the content areas of language arts, mathematics, science, social studies.
- Georgia Milestones is administered primarily on the computer and includes the following features:
- Technology-enhanced items in all grades and courses
- Open-ended (constructed response) items in English language arts in all grades and courses
- A writing component (in response to passages read by students) at every grade level and course within the English language arts assessment
- A reported Lexile score based on the English language arts assessment in all grades and courses, and estimated norm-referenced performance ranges for all grades and courses.
- Our entire school community has been working hard all year to equip students with the tools for success in their classes and to prepare them for a strong performance on the Georgia Milestones Assessment System End of Grade Assessment.
GMAS Testing Reminders
To ensure that our students are ready to perform at their best on this task, we offer a few testing reminders for 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Students:
- Get a good night’s sleep before each testing day.
- Try to avoid late sports practices or games, late night TV, and late night electronics. When students are rested they are able to concentrate and do their best on the test.
- Eat a light, nutritious breakfast each morning before testing. Food is the fuel that powers the body and the brain. Fruits, carbohydrates (such as breads) and proteins (such as eggs) work best to give students testing energy.
- Be in school each day and on time.
- Schedule any doctor or dentist appointments in the late afternoon during the week of testing. Students will not be allowed to be checked out of school while testing is taking place. We cannot interrupt testing to call students for checkout during the testing sessions in either the morning or afternoon.
GMAS Testing Calendar
GMAS Information from GCPS