Senior Class News and Information 2024
WELCOME CLASS OF 2024!
The Parkview High School Class of 2024 will graduate on Wednesday, May 22, at 8:00PM at Parkview Stadium. CONGRATULATIONS!!
OUR FIRST SENIOR EVENT
The Senior Spring Fling will be Saturday, March 9, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM in the Parkview cafeteria.
Join us for a catered dinner and fun minute-to-win-it games for gift card prizes!
There will be a DJ as well.
Dress comfortably so you can get messy and enjoy playing!
If you're the shy type, just come and watch your friends!
Order 2024 Graduation Announcements NOW
CONGRATULATIONS Parkview CLASS OF 2024!
We cannot believe how quickly first semester went by! Before you know it, you will be walking across the stage at graduation. Make sure everyone knows how hard you have worked to achieve one of the best moments of your life and announce your graduation with class.
Not only will your announcements have your official school crest, but they will also be personalized with your name in the text just like collegiate announcements. Scholastic Images created packages to make ordering even easier, but you can always add more to them, so no one is left out! Orders will ship directly to your home, and you will receive tracking information once the order ships. See the attached flyer to pick which package is best for you and order as soon as possible!
Scan the QR Code on the Attached Flyer OR Click Below to order your Official Parkview Graduation Announcements. Don't wait!
We are so proud of you and honored to celebrate this milestone with you. Congratulations again!
Graduation Announcements: A graduation announcement is professionally made. It is made of card stock with our school crest on the front. The font is formal. The purpose of an announcement is to share with your closest family and friends your graduation intentions. It is tradition that anyone receiving an announcement will send you back a card of congratulations that might include a monetary gift or one might send you a gift to help get you started on your next step. It is not an invitation to graduation. It is not required; however, it is tradition and it is a special keepsake!
Graduation Video and Livestream Information
Graduation will be live-streamed free! Be sure to share the link with your friends and family who cannot attend in person!
You may also pre-order your own copy of the graduation video on Blu-ray, DVD, or digital download. The video will include the ceremony in its entirety, including every graduate's name being called, and the receiving of diplomas.
The LIVE STREAM LINK will be live at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday Night
Digital Download $25
Pre-Order at www.phsgrad.com.
Flower Bouquets/Custom T-Shirt for Graduation
Order your senior flowers to be picked up as you enter the stadium and a custom class shirt.
Baccalaureate Service (Definition, Time, Place, Dress, etc...
A Baccalaureate service is a celebration that honors a graduating class from a college, high school, or middle school.
The purpose of the service is to express gratitude. By the time students arrive at Baccalaureate they have completed an immense volume of work, and have encountered and triumphed over countless academic, social, financial and other challenges.
Unlike the massive commencement exercises held in stadiums or arenas, baccalaureate ceremonies offer a quieter, more intimate opportunity to pause and reflect on this rite of passage, hear a keynote speaker, a faculty member and student speakers offer advice to the graduating class and enjoy students' musical talents.
When: Sunday, May 19, 2024
Where: Mountain Park United Methodist Church (The church has allowed us the space; the service is nondenominational.)
Students: Please arrive by 2:45. Wear your graduation attire (gown and dress clothes) other than your cap. Do not wear your cap please.
Save your files! Don't lose your data!
Your GCPS cloud accounts and files (Google Drive, Microsoft 365/OneDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud) will be deleted once you are no longer a GCPS student. There are two possible ways to save your files.
You can use Google Takeout to download your files in an archive that can be uploaded to a personal Google account or used with Microsoft Office apps.
- Directions to download your data with Google Takeout
- Go to Google Takeout
- Uncheck everything but the data you want to download. You can click Deselect All at the top and then check just the ones you want to save.
- Most students want to keep Google Drive and Chrome data. Some students may want to save Mail.
- If you have used Keep, you may want to include it in your archive.
- Click Next and choose Create Export.
- You'll receive an email with a link when your file is ready to download.
- Download from the link in your email and choose a way to take it with you: saving it to a personal device, a USB drive, or uploading to a personal cloud storage service (Google Drive, Dropbox).
Another option is to manually download just a few files you want to keep. This works best if you only have a small amount of files you want to save.
- Select the files you would like to save.
- You can put all of the files you'd like to keep in one folder and select that folder, OR
- To select individual files, hold down the Ctrl key while you click each file to select.
- Right-click one of the selected files (or one folder) and choose Download.
- You'll see Preparing download and Zipping files in the lower right corner with a progress circle. Do not exit out of Google or close your computer while this is running. Wait for it to complete.
- A save dialog will pop up for you to choose a save location. You can save the files to a personal device or a USB drive, OR you can save them to a school computer and then access a personal account (Google Drive, Dropbox) where you'd like to upload.
Microsoft has provided this information about taking your files with you: Cloud storage for students | Microsoft OneDrive
To log in to Microsoft 365, log in to eCLASS and then click Microsoft 365 in the Additional Resources list in the center, listed below Google Workspace for Education.
Adobe Creative Cloud
You will need to download your Adobe files and save them somewhere else. You can use a thumb drive on your Chromebook or log in to Adobe on a personal computer at home and save them to that computer.
To see the files you have saved in Adobe Creative Cloud, go to Files | Adobe Creative Cloud and log in by entering gcpsk12.org where it asks for an email. It will then give you a portal/eCLASS login.
To see and download files in Adobe Express, use these directions: Download Adobe Express projects - Google Docs
Scholastic Images Information
Meagan Castillo, Todd Sims, John Upchurch, Andy Mashburn & the entire Scholastic Images Family
Scholastic Images | Partner
Dates to be at Parkview:
Monday, October 2nd
Monday, December 4th
Monday, January 8th
Monday, February 5th
Monday, March 4th
Monday, April 26th (caps and gowns distributed at the senior picnic)
Monday, May 6th