Ms. McKnight is our Kindergarten and 1st Grade Counselor.
Ms. Nelson is our 2nd and 3rd Grade Counselor.
Ms. Reynolds is our 4th and 5th Grade Counselor.
Our counselors contribute to your child's academic success by teaching skills in various areas, including:
- effective communication
- personal safety and protection
- positive peer relationships
- setting positive goals
- exercising self-responsibility
- expanding career awareness
Additionally, they support students during times of crisis, improving academic skills, and by coordinating referrals and community resources for students & families, as needed.School Counseling Program Vision Statement: The Meadowcreek Elementary School Counseling Department will provide a safe, secure, positive environment where learning is child-centered, diversity is celebrated, and teamwork, professional growth, and community involvement is encouraged.
School Counseling Program Mission Statement: The mission of the Meadowcreek Elementary School Counseling Department is to provide a comprehensive school counseling program that reaches all students. Students will focus on their academic, career, and social/emotional growth which promotes the well-being of the whole child. Meadowcreek Elementary students will acquire skills to strive for academic excellence while maintaining a high standard of behavior that empowers students to acquire the knowledge and skills to become contributing members of a diverse society.
Our program is modeled after the ASCA National Model. The ASCA National Model guides school counselors in the development of school counseling programs that:
- are based on data-informed decision making
- are delivered to all students systematically
- include a developmentally appropriate curriculum focused on the mindsets and behaviors all students need for postsecondary readiness and success
- close achievement and opportunity gaps (see how equity is woven into the ASCA National Model)
- result in improved student achievement, attendance and discipline
MES Attendance Protocol
Social Media: Parent Tips to Help Your Student