A Message from Ms. Harris:
Welcome, my name is Jackie Harris and I look forward to working in the clinic at Lanier High School this school year!
This site is intended to help you with necessary documents and procedures should your child require interaction with the clinic.
Any students who need medications kept and administered at school MUST fill out the Administration of Medication Request Form.
Please note that medications will NOT be given without written permission.
Students with medical conditions such as Diabetes, Seizures, Allergies....requiring care at school, will need a Health Management Plan completed. These forms are available through the link on the right.
Please call or email if you have any questions.
Office number: 678-765-4053
Fax number: 678-765-4049
Hours: 6:45AM to 2:30PM
Location: On Longhorn Blvd next to Student Services
Guidelines for Medication Administration
For the safety of all students at our school, the following guidelines should be followed when requesting administration of medications at school:
- Only those medications required during scool hours should be administered at school. Please check with your physician regarding the need for medications to be administered during school hours.
- All medications, both prescription and over-the-counter, must be accompanied by a completed Administration of Medication Request form and brought to the school clinic by an adult. Students may not transport medications to school.
- All medications must be in an original, child-proof container. Prescription medications must be in their labeled prescription bottle. School staff will only administer medication according to the directions on the label.
- Any medications remaining at the end of the school year must be picked up or school staff will dispose of them.
- Students may only carry medication as prescribed by law with the required documentation. Please check with our school clinic worker if your child needs to carry emergency medications with them.
If a student is sick and needs to go home, the parent/guardian needs to pick up the student in the clinic or student services. A picture identification is necessary before a student can be released to the parent/guardian or emergency contact. If a student is a driver, the student may be released after a phone call to the parent and a clinic card must be on file before any student may leave. If a student calls a parent from an office phone, please make sure the student is instructed to go to the clinic and the student will be evaluated and then the coordination for pick up can be made from the clinic and the attendance office.
Health Condition Reminder
Students with health conditions (i.e. asthma, diabetes, heart conditions, severe allergies, seizures, etc.) need a new health medical plan completed by a parent/guardian EACH SCHOOL YEAR.
If you have not completed a plan this school year for you child, PLEASE contact me as soon as possible to get the proper documents completed.
It is important to have this information in order to give your child the best care possible while at school