Return to Headlines

Kindergarten Registration for the 2024-2025 school year

Parents and guardians of children who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2024, are encouraged to begin the Kindergarten registration process.

If you will be moving into the Simonton Elementary School district, we welcome you and ask you to also begin the registration process.

Much of the registration process, including the uploading of documents needed for registration, will be completed online. Most document attachments (PDF, JPG, DOC, PNG, etc.) are compatible. The file size limit is 2 MB. You should begin online registration now, even if your child's health records are not up to date.  Be sure to complete your child's health screening and immunizations with the Health Department or your physician before school starts on August 5th.  


The documents families will need for registration include:

  • An official document showing proof of birth date. Examples include a certified copy of a birth certificate or a federal, state, county, or school document showing the date of birth, or a passport. Parents can order a birth certificate for a child born in Georgia through the state’s ROVER service for a fee.
  • Proof of residency in the attendance zone. The school requires proof of residency, which may be verified by presenting a current utility bill (excluding gas & telephone bills) AND one of the following documents: 
             - a non-contingent sales contract
             - current lease/rental agreement   
             - current residential property tax statement or bill
             - current warranty or quitclaim deed
             - current home purchase agreement
             - current homeowner’s insurance policy

Documents presented for residency verification must include the same address as the accompanying utility bill. An exception: A deed without an address is acceptable if accompanied by two utility bills (excluding telephone bills) with same address in the attendance zone. 

A contingency contract is not acceptable. If you live with a friend or family member and need information about verifying residency, he or she can call the local school.


  • Photo ID. The person enrolling a student should present proper identification. This identification may include a driver’s license, a state identification card, a passport, or other official photo identification, such as an ID card obtained through an official government agency or consulate.
  • A Georgia certificate of immunization. By state law, a valid Georgia Certificate of Immunization (Department of Public Health Form #3231) or a notarized Affidavit of Religious Exemption
    (Department of Public Health Form #2208, available from the school) is required for enrollment. The certificate of immunization must be completed by the health department or your healthcare provider. A valid Form #3231 must be marked with either “Date of Expiration” or as “Complete for School Attendance.” (A certificate marked with a “Date of Expiration” expires on the date indicated. A current certificate must be submitted within 30 days of expiration.) A medical exemption, if applicable, should be noted on Form #3231 with a current date of expiration. 
  • Evidence of vision, hearing, dental, and nutrition screening obtained in the past year. This information should be on a current Georgia Form #3300 (rev. 2013), available from the health department or your physician and dentist and dated within the last 12 months. Letters from appropriate healthcare professionals and out-of-state certificates are acceptable, if completed within the last 12 months and stapled to the state form.
  • Proof of authorized person to enroll.  The following people are authorized to enroll students: parent (natural or adoptive), legal guardian, grandparent with a properly executed power of attorney for the care of a minor child, kinship caregiver with a properly executed Kinship Caregiver Affidavit, foster parent appointed by a state agency, or a sponsor for approved International Exchange Program.
  • The child’s social security number. State law requires that schools ask for this number at the time of enrollment.  However, students will be enrolled, even if the number is not provided.


Click here to begin the Kindergarten Registration process

Click here to begin the Registration process


Simonton Flyers:
2024 SES Kindergarten Flyer- English

2024 SES Kindergarten Flyer- Spanish

GCPS Flyers/Handouts:
2024 Kindergarten Flyer- English

2024 Kindergarten Flyer- Spanish

2024 Online Kindergarten Registration Flyer- English

2024 Online Kindergarten Registration Flyer- Spanish

2024 KR School Nutrition Program Flyer- English

2024 KR School Nutrition Program Flyer- Spanish

2024 How to Prepare for a Great Kindergarten Experience booklet