Dual Enrollment


  • Are you interested in Dual Enrollment?

    To be eligible to participate in the 2024-2025 school year, students must attend one of the MANDATORY information sessions in February & March during their advisement/lunch period. 

    • February 13 - Lab C-131 during all lunch/advisement (4th, 5th, 6th)
    • February 29 - Lab C-131 during all lunch/advisement (4th, 5th, 6th)
    • March 13 - Lab C-131 during all lunch/advisement (4th, 5th, 6th)
    • March 27 - Lab C-131 during all lunch/advisement (4th, 5th, 6th)

    The advisement/lunch sessions will take the entire lunch & advisement period, so please bring your lunch with you to the session.

    Comments (-1)
  • Please plan to attend the College Credit Options information meeting. This meeting is scheduled for Thursday, January 11 at 6:30 p.m. in the PHS Theater. This meeting is for students and parents/guardians.

    Comments (-1)

Required Dual Enrollment Documents

  • The Dual Enrollment Procedures and Steps document, linked below, lists the steps to complete the DE registration process. Please keep this checklist for your records. Each of the other documents is required. Please review all of these forms, sign, and return to Mrs. Salo or Mr. Walker in the Counseling Office in Building A. Click the A icon next to each file for more download and accessibility options.

    Fall and/or Summer Semester 2024 documents are due March 29.

DE Helpful Links

Dual Enrollment: Class Selection Tips


    All students must take American Literature, typically during 11th grade / Junior year. If you register for Language Arts at college and take English 1101 and or 1102 which is usually called Advanced Composition, those classes will ONLY count for Senior Language Arts. They will not count for American Literature. You may take American Literature at college. However, some colleges require that you have prerequisites (usually English 1101 and 1102) completed before you are allowed to take American Literature. Be sure and check the college website or the list of classes offered on GAfutures.org.


    You must have completed Algebra II or Accelerated Geometry at Parkview before you will be allowed to take any math class at college. Also, many colleges require that you take a math placement test before you are allowed to register for a math class. Check the college website for more information.


    If you want to register for your fourth required science class at college, be careful of the course numbers and classes you choose. If you take Biology with this course number 26.01200, Chemistry with this course number 40.05100, or Physics with this course number 40.08100, those classes will NOT count as your 4th science. You may take the class if you choose, and it will still go on your Parkview transcript; however, it will NOT count as your 4th science graduation requirement. You will have to take the next level or you can decide to take a different science class on the GAfutures.org course directory. For example, Astronomy, Earth Science, and Anatomy would all count as a 4th science.


    You are required to take World History, U.S. History, Economics (1 semester), and American Government (1 semester) to graduate from Parkview. If you take Economics at college, you can take any Econ with this course number: 45.06100, typically Intro to Economics, Global Economics, Microeconomics, or Macroeconomics. If you want to earn credit for American Government, the class at college must be American Government with this course number: 45.05700, not Political Science or any other Social Studies course.


    Payment/Tuition for classes

    Only courses listed on the GAfutures.org course directory will be funded. Students are allotted funding for a maximum of 30 credit hours (15 credit hours maximum per semester).

    10th graders

    Tenth graders must score a minimum of 1200 on the SAT or 26 on the ACT in a single test administration to be eligible to take academic classes at a college or university. If you do not achieve this score, you will only be eligible to take CTAE (technical) classes at a technical college. Speak to your counselor before registering for dual enrollment as a 10th grade student.